Glossary of Services

  • Apostille
    Apostile is the legalization of a document for use in a foreign jurisdiction which is a party to the "Hague Convention."

  • Boating Registration
    Boat registration is governed by state laws and can vary. Many state laws require that all watercraft have a 12-character hull identification number (HIN) after transfer of ownership before being registered or titled in the state. Applications for vessel registration and title certificates are usually filed by the vessel owner with the county tax collector's office in the county where the vessel is located or in the county where the vessel owner resides.

  • Boating Renewal
    The renewal of your Boating Registration paperwork or licenses, which vary state by state.

  • Business License
    AA business license is the permit issued by government agencies that allow individuals or companies to conduct business within the government's geographical jurisdiction. It is the authorization to start a business issued by the local government. Typically, a company's business activity and physical location (address) determines which licenses are required to operate lawfully.

  • Cancellation
    The legal process of ending the existence of an LLC after close of business.

  • Certificate of Formation (or DOC)
    This is a document filed with state authorities (usually the Secretary of State or Division of Corporations, depending on the state) to form a limited liability company (LLC). As required by state law, the Certificate of Formation normally includes the purpose of the LLC, its principal place of business, and the names of its initial members or managers. Most states refer to this document as the Articles of Organization.

  • Certificate of Incumbency
    A Certificate of Incumbency is an official document issued by an organization, usually a company, that lists the names its current directors, officers and, occasionally, shareholders. It specifies what positions are held by which individuals in the company. It is most frequently used to confirm the identity of the signing authorities of a company and proves that they are authorized to enter into legally binding transactions on the company's behalf.

  • Change of Agent
    There are some instances when you may want to make a change of you Registered Agent. In order to do this, you must obtain a form from the Secretary of State where the business entity is registered, and file the change with that state office along with any requisite fees, which may vary from state to state. In some cases, an actual amendment to the articles of the business entity must be filed. But a Change of Agent in Delaware does not require an amendment.

  • Consent Form
    Consent forms are needed to give legal permission, thereby protecting an entity from liability for an activity, undertaking, or transaction. The determination that a written consent is required will depend on the situation. There are many ways a form of consent can be used.

  • Corpkit - All the legal supplies needed to get your business up and running:

    • Custom Corporate Kits, LLC Kits, Partnership Kits, Not-for Profit Kits.
    • Stock Certificates, Membership Certificates, Partnership Certificates & Public Issue Certificates.
    • Corporate Seals, Notary Seals, Notary Supplies, Rubber Stamps.
    • 40 States Specific By-Laws and Operating Agreements.
  • Document Retrieval
    It's so important to ensure accurate legal information retrieval. This provides access to the law and any legal documents that constitute the history of a business for laymen and legal professionals.

  • Good Standing
    Good Standing is a business status in Delaware or any states in which the CORPORATION or LLC has a valid charter. Good Standing means the business meets all state requirements such as registration, paying annual taxes and filing an Annual Report, in addition to maintaining a registered agent and registered office in the state. A Certificate of Good Standing is a statement by the Secretary of State that the Entity is in Good Standing. It can also be referred to as a Certificate of Existence.

  • Mail Forwarding
    We will accept mail on behalf of the company. The mail will then be forwarded via email or courier to an address of your choosing.

  • Merger
    In corporate law, a merger is considered the joining together of two corporations in which one corporation transfers all of its assets to the other. This created one corporation. This transfer of assets makes a merger different from a "consolidation" in which both companies join together to create a new corporation.

  • New Filing
    When opening a business, the process of entering a legal document for preservation and the methodical arrangement of documents and papers.

  • Physical Address
    Your physical address is the place where your business offices are physically set up. This may vary from your state of filing, in which case mail forwarding will be a vital service we can offer you.

  • Registered Agent
    In order to incorporate your business, it is required by most state law that you enlist a Registered Agent. This agent is appointed to receive Service of Process and tax notices on behalf of a registered entity.

  • Renewal
    The act or process of renewing a filing or license.

  • Series LLC
    The series Limited Liability Company (LLC) takes its name from the fact that it can have multiple (a "series" of) members, managers, or business lines within it. Each series within the company can hold assets, have members, and pursue its own business objectives, all while enjoying protection from legal claims against other series within the company. So a series LLC lets a company separate and protect multiple assets without the need to form additional entities.

  • Taxes for Incorporation
    The default tax status for corporations is a C-Corporation. The C-Corporation pays income tax at corporate rates and files a corporate income tax return. If eligible, you can elect S-Corporation tax status. An S-Corporation is taxed at personal income tax rates and the profits and losses are reported on the personal income tax return. If organized as a not-for-profit corporation, the company can apply for tax-exempt status from the IRS. In Delaware there is no state corporate income tax on goods or services provided by Delaware Corporations operating outside of Delaware. There is no Delaware Sales Tax. IncorpNation cannot and will not provide tax advice.

  • Taxes for LLC
    LLC tax law governs taxes on limited liability companies. These are hybrid businesses with characteristics of companies, partnerships and sole partnerships. One of the major benefits of forming LLCs is their more flexible taxing options. While the owners of LLCs still have to pay capital gains taxes, they do not have to pay as much as they otherwise would. IncorpNation cannot and will not provide tax advice.

Customer service & support: 302-605-2976